What Does the Study Involve?
If you participate in our study you will not be asked to start an exercise program. This study is observational, meaning we would follow your usual activities.
If you choose to participate you will be asked to:
1) Complete questionnaires about basic personal information, your medical history, lifestyle, physical activity, and diet
2) Provide a fasting blood sample
3) Complete physical fitness tests
4) Undergo testing for possible swelling affecting your upper limbs (lymphedema)
5) Complete a body composition measurement using a DXA “dual x-ray absorptiometry” scan.
6) Monitor your physical activity for one week through accelerometer readings (two separate devices that measure your daily movement).
All assessments will be completed at baseline and again after 1 and 3 years. At the 5 year follow-up, you will complete the questionnaires only.
Summary of Involvement:
Thus, participation is requested for five years. After 5 years, your progress will be followed up by the investigators through medical chart review.
Parking costs will be reimbursed at study-related appointments.