We will ask you to complete fitness assessments when you begin the study and again after 1 and 3 years. Calgary AMBER Study fitness assessments will be conducted at the Rehabilitation, Exercise, and Complementary Health (REACH) Centre, on the second floor of the Holy Cross Centre in Calgary.
Preliminary Instructions for the AMBER Study
If you decide to be a part of AMBER and book testing, please note the following pre-testing instructions:
- Eat a light meal at least 2 hours prior to your appointment
- Wear clothes suitable for activity—running shoes, shorts and a short sleeve shirt
- Refrain from caffeine (coffee, cola, tea etc) and cigarettes 2 hours prior to appointment
- Refrain from strenuous exercise and alcohol for 6 hours prior to appointment
- Take your daily medications as you would normally